This short guide will help you to get started using PlayClaw in a few simple steps. It is assumed that PlayClaw has been installed correctly. Follow the steps below to start recording your gaming footage.
- Start PlayClaw and switch to the Capture Settings section by pressing the Capture Settings button on the main toolbar.
- In the Screenshots subsection, change the folder used to save the screenshots if necessary and check the hotkey needed to take screenshots.
- Switch to the Videos subsection
- Adjust the folder used to store video recordings if necessary and take note of the hotkeys (Start/stop, Toggle pre-record)
- Select the appropriate encoder. If you have a multi-core processor, select MJPEG and assign 1 or more threads for compression. (Note: do not assign all of your threads as the game you will be recording also needs processing power)
- If so desired, adjust frame size to suit your needs. Note that adjusting the frame size of recorded video can also be done during post rendering.
- Switch to the Audio subsection and enable the required inputs. The Speakers input is the game sound. If you have a microphone installed and would like to provide commentary while you play, make sure it is also enabled.
- Select how you would like to save your recorded audio in the lower section. It can be either as a single audio track or even as separate WAV files for each audio input.
- Now run the game you want to record.
- Once the game is up and running, press the key you noted in step 4 and start recording!
This is a very basic setup to get you up and running. For more information on these settings, check the full documentation here.